Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today is ready cash, spend it wisely!

Yesterday is a cancelled check. Tomorrow is a Promissory note. Today is ready cash. Spend it wisely.


How often do we say "I used to be a big manager in a company, I used to be rich, I used to be thin, I used to be great at golf, I used to this, I used to that!" Cancelled! How many of you say, "when I'm not so busy, when I catch a break, when I loose 20 pounds, when I get 10 more sales, when I this, when I that." Is it just wishful thinking?

There is nothing wrong with reminiscing and reviewing the past. The past is where all the big and little choices we have made are. It's the context of today. However, getting one's identity or reality from what has been is looking backwards. How can progress be made while always bringing up what was?

Looking into the future, making plans, setting goals, and having a clear direction where you are going is very powerful. The danger is to defer what can be done now because you are waiting for the "right" conditions. Banking on what "will be" is giving away the building blocks of that future.

Today is where the cash is. Right now! The choices you make, the actions you take, the thoughts in your head, the dreams you have, all are for today. Spend today wisely and cash in big time!

Do you need help with maximizing your use of today? Shine Consulting works one-on-one with business owners, managers, and supervisors to help them understand and excel in their role. We provide tools for time management, clear communications, critical thinking, decision making, and conflict management. Contact SHINE Consulting today Because...

Today is ready cash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love that you've taken the time to comment. Please be patient, your words will be posted as soon as possible.