Friday, September 14, 2012

Your Thoughts... Your Habits....

“For as a man thinks, so is he.” ~Proverbs 23:7

Have you heard enough yet on the power of your thoughts and words? Are you catching the idea that your brain is exceedingly powerful?


For me the concepts are so exciting. Yet, I have to admit, there's been a gap between concept and actually applying
 it to my real life. I mean, I have habits and ways that I do things.  I find it difficult to see my blind spots and it's uncomfortable to change my very familiar routines. 

I ran into this progression and it's all starting to made sense:
  • You have a thought  
  • You speak the thought  
  • Your words produce an action 
  • You action creates habits  
  • Your habits determine your character  
  • Your character determines your influence and legacy  

Little thoughts, like little choices and actions, are what carry us to our destination. Is it true, what we have in our heads is what we end up becoming?

Hmmmmm....


If it really is so, I have to ask myself these questions:
  • What kinds of images, music, reading materials do I return to over and over again? 
  • What do I talk about with my friends? 
  • What choices and decisions have I really made, rather than just fantasizing about?
  • What garbage thoughts needs to be removed to make room for positive ones?
Today, just for today, I'm deciding to have thoughts that are specifically pointed to what I want and where I need to be. They might just be little thoughts. And, if I keep it up tomorrow and the next day, I'm pretty certain those little thoughts are going to make a difference. 

Your thoughts.... Your Habits.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love that you've taken the time to comment. Please be patient, your words will be posted as soon as possible.