Wow! That says so much about that manager. What makes happy employees? There are many things that contribute, but I have observed over and over again that giving clear expectations is one of keys to employee happiness. This gal's boss is an excellent communicator. In chatting with her, she told me that he:
- tells his people what he expects
- gives them good training
- gives them the right tools and equipment for the job
- talks to them about how they are doing on the job
- cares about them personally
- is fair and consistent
- gives perks and rewards for people who go above and beyond
- has a good attitude about his own job
Do you have happy employees? Check this store manager's list. How many of these attributes would your staff say about you?
Let SHINE Consulting help you have happy employees! Drop me a note and we can chat about how we can make it happen.